Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sample Showdown!


Hey loves! I've gotten through some samples in the last little bit so I thought I'd give my thoughts on them. This isn't a full review, just some short thoughts on each. I either got these at a drugstore, in a magazine or in the mail! So I didn't have to spend much to get them and it was totally worth it because I may actually buy some of them! ENJOY! 





SIMPLE – HYDRATING LIGHT MOISTURIZER
This did leave my skin feeling smooth, but I didn’t really like the formula. I mean, I understand that it’s a LIGHT moisturizer, but it was such a thin consistency, it almost felt like I was putting water on my face at one point, if that makes sense. It did moisturize though. 

JERGENS – ULTRA CARE EXTRA DRY SKIN MOISTURIZER
I used this on my hands and I LOVED it! It made them so silky smooth, I’ve always loved Jergens, it’s a standard cream brand and it does its job! I would totally buy this in a full-size.

L’OREAL – REVITALIFT MIRACLE BLUR INSTANT SKIN SMOOTHER
I did NOT like this cream at all. The consistency was weirdly thick and it was really oily. It didn’t really make my skin smooth either; as soon as I put it on I wanted to take it off!




ESSIE – NAIL STICKERS
These are brill. Someone like me is so totally UNCREATIVE when it comes to nails, oh and I suck at doing my nails too! But these made it so easy. I’ve only used one pair (picture below). I’m not one to do accent nails usually, I’m really plain, but these inspired me because they’re SO EASY to apply, you literally stick it on, bend it over your nail and file it off! If I can do it..ANYONE can do it. I loved these!



SALLY HANSEN – NAIL STICKERS
I used another pair of these, I didn’t like them as much as the Essie ones. The stock is a bit thicker, so it doesn’t mould to your nail as well. Also you can’t just file them off, because it’s thicker you have to cut it and then file, and I’m not so good with shaping and such. I didn’t like these as much!



RIMMEL – WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION
I got this sample in a magazine, so it didn’t come in my shade. What I will say is that it has good coverage and is blendable. I would have been able to tell better if it was in my colour! LOL. However, it says that it’s supposed to give you a “Radiant Glow” and I didn’t see that in the formula really. Again maybe if it was in my colour, but just the finish of the foundation really didn’t seem to have a glow at all. It felt very LIGHT in application though, which is always nice.

GARNIER – BB CREAM MIRACLE SKIN PERFECTOR
I also got this sample in a magazine. It came in the shade “light” which OBVIOUSLY isn’t my shade haha. But I tried it on my hand and a little on my face. It definitely moisturizes, but even the light colour kind of disappeared on my face when I rubbed it in, meaning the coverage really isn’t very good. It did however go on smooth and moisturized my skin. 



BEFINE – FOOD SKIN CARE EXFOLIATING CLENSER
I love befine products! This made my skin so smooth and clean, I could feel it getting the dirt out! It was awesome. I’m seriously thinking of buying it and using it every other day to clean my face!




No comments:

Post a Comment