Sunday, November 17, 2013

Travels | My short trip to Spain!

Travels | A quick trip to Spain!



Hi guys! I went to Spain a while ago, and I did a vlog about it but I didn’t do a blogpost – so I figured I’d do one :). I was in Spain shooting for a UK company called Littlewoods. They’re a huge awesome company in the UK and they’ve been around for decades. In Spain we were shooting for their catalogue and I shot all sportswear. It was awesome!

To be specific we shot in the island of Mallorca, which is the biggest island of Spain. I had never been to Spain before at all, so I was super excited to be there for work where everything was paid for! I had never been on this kind of job before so I felt very blessed to have the opportunity.




I flew out at about 10pm because my plane was delayed three hours! So I didn’t get there until about 1am the next day. We stayed in a gorgeous hotel called the Valparaiso (see pictures below). It was amazing! You can see in the vlog that there was a wonderful pool and spa and such in the hotel.

Since I got there so late the first night, I basically just slept and waited to get my call in the morning for our call-time. We started at around 8am. Again in the vlog you’ll see the location we shot at and where we had lunch and such. It was all beautiful and yummy!

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take a lot of pictures but I’ll include the ones I did take below. You’ll see my awesome view from the hotel as well as some snapshots of the outdoor pool and our location on the second day. My vlog pretty much captures the entire trip though, so whatever I don’t have in pictures is there on film J



The second day was BOILING hot, and I couldn’t believe it was October! I was so sad to leave that second day because the island is beautiful! Be sure to watch the parts of my vlog with the streets and restaurants; the island has so much culture and beauty. I loved the cathedrals I saw, the colourful apartments on top of restaurants and shops in the centre of the city, and the beautiful cottage-like houses surrounding the water. The whole island had a very chilled out ambiance, it was relaxing – even while working.

We ate at 2 amazing restaurants, which you’ll also see in the vlog. The food was BEYOND amazing. Even for a vegetarian like me there were tonnes of options like egg paella! It was so beautiful to eat by the water at the second restaurant, I’ve never done anything like that before!




The locals there talked so much about Barcelona and Ibiza as well – one day in the summer I really need to go back and just do a trip around the whole country! I want to experiences the beaches, the night life, the food…EVERYTHING! This trip felt like such a little tease of how amazing Spain is, when I go back who wants to come with me?


Twitter: @liveshiv
Instagram: liveshiv


No comments:

Post a Comment