Thursday, November 28, 2013

Travels | Paris Day Two

On the second day, I decided to stop sulking around and just be happy that I was lucky enough to be in the gorgeous city! It’s really inexpensive to travel around so I thought I should try to hit up as many spots as I could before I had to catch my train again. The hotel receptionist gave me a pamphlet and on it had all the tourist sites and the nearest metro stations, so then it was just a matter of looking at the map and seeing where was easiest to go to in the time that I had.

Again it was horrible rain and wind, which sucked – but I tried to make the most of it. It was hard walking around with my luggage everywhere too, but I had to check out of the hotel so I had no choice. Again making me want to go back for a longer time where I could actually explore without lugging 3 bags around.


The first place I chose to go was really close to the hotel, so I thought it would be the easiest to get to. It’s a beautiful department store called Les Galleries Lafayette. The name reminded me of a character on True Blood that I love haha. The brochure said it was the second most visited attraction after the Louvre! Here are some pics from this beautiful place:


Second I decided to go to the Louvre. I didn’t have tickets and I think they’re pretty expensive so I just decided to take a look outside and see what I could. It’s mesmerizing. When I saw the pyramids I couldn’t believe it, even more beautiful than all the pictures and movies I’ve seen, I felt like I was in Da Vinci Code haha!





More than the pyramids, the actual Pavillons and the outside of the buildings are gorgeous. There are fountains and beautiful architecture, I stayed there for a while just looking around. It’s MASSIVE! There are also a few glass windows where you can go and see inside at some of the sculptures. They were marvelous. I love art so much, I wish I had enough time and money to go inside, maybe another day.

Unfortunately, those were the only sights I got to see. I really wanted to go to Champs Elysées and see the Arc de Triomphe, but I wanted to give myself ample time to get there early for my train just incase anything happened. I went to a little café across from the station and got a crêpe before boarding. Unfortunately, even though I got there 40 minutes early, the border services took a little too long checking for my extension and I missed the first train back to London, and waited an hour for the next one. It could have been a longer wait, so I’m not complaining!

Anywho, that was my little trip to Paris. I didn’t buy much because everything is quite expensive there as well. But again, I think to really appreciate it, I need to go for a longer time and perhaps go with someone else, or a group of friends to share my experiences with. Nevertheless, I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to have gone and I can’t wait to keep exploring Europe!!

Twitter: @liveshiv
Instagram: liveshiv

No comments:

Post a Comment