Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lipstick Love - Shocking Coral!

Hey guys! Recently I went to the drugstore and bought a couple lipsticks. I wanted to share this one with you. I've always stayed far away from bright lipsticks because I assumed they never went well with my skin tone. However, a lot of make up artists recently started using some "coral" coloured lipsticks on me and telling me it actually complemented my skin. Finally I decided to go out and try it myself and I loved it!

I know it's not exactly a winter colour, it's definitely more for summer, but I've only just discovered it and I thought I'd share it now! I bought #870 - Shocking Coral from the Maybeline Colour Sensations Lipsticks, and this colour is the the new Vivids line.




It doesn't show up too bright on camera, but it is much more of a coral colour in person. I've grown to really like it and I've learned that it works differently to complement my skin than the darker colours I'm used to.


It's nice to sort of broaden my horizons a bit and not limit myself to one shade of colours. I love the Maybeline Colour Sensations as well because they apply so smoothly and the colour payoff is incredible. They also almost "stain" (for lack of a better term) your lips a bit, so you don't need to keep constantly reapplying all day, which I really like.

Have you explored at all with lipsticks for your skin tone? Let me know in the comments below!

Twitter: @liveshiv
Instagram: liveshiv

No comments:

Post a Comment