Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Grammy's Fashion!

Alright everyone, it's that time again. Let's go through some hits and misses in fashion at this year's Grammy Awards. Now, I will say, I didn't see as many themes going on as I did at the Golden Globes, but there was very vaguely this theme of white and metallics/golds this year. Of course there were the classic black dresses, and of course some misses. I decided to include menswear as a separate section for this post, since I loved what some of the dudes were wearing! So let's get into it!



Let's start with these metallics. I mean, they are just so gorgeous. These were my faves, I think all three of them look gorgeous but I think Taylor takes it in this category and also as my BEST DRESSED. She looks so stunning, simple and so classic. Loves it!


For the whites, I would say, I think Beyonce looks great in a very unique and sexy by Michael Costello. I expected a bit more from her performance but it was still pretty cool with Jay Z and what not. However, I'm not feeling Paris' (why is she there?) or Katy's dresses. I see what Katy was going for but it looks really thrown together to me.


As for the black outfits, I think Ariana looks cute as always but maybe a bit dressed down. I think Kelly Osbourne looks killer and Madonna is well, Madonna. The cane is killin' it. Hey suit is by Ralph Lauren and I think she looks super chic.


I JUST LOVE DAFT PUNK SO MUCH. That's why they're here. Miguel is my BEST DRESSED for the males, because I think he did the thrown together look in a really chic and appropriate way. I also quite liked the risk Ryan Lewis took with this cool patterned number. Although I will say, I don't understand how Macklemore and him won that many awards, considering who they were up against. *COUGH* KENDRICK LAMAR *COUGH*


Once again, we'll have to go through the WORST DRESSED. Here are my three. I tend to choose my worst dressed candidates not by those are actually are wearing ridiculously bad outfits, but those who I expected more from. For example, I don't understand the striped on Paula Patton, she usually looks so sexy! Or Alicia Keys, I mean she is literally perfection with her face and body. But what's with the halter and wide cut? It just doesn't look right to me. But Kacey is defs the WORST DRESSED for me in her weird tiered dress. It melts right into her skin, I don't understand the colour choice at all. Although I will say I loved her performance and the dress she wore during the actual ceremony, it was so different and cute. This one though, not feelin' it. 


Last but not least, we GOTTA talk about Pharell's hat. I will admit, at first glance I was quite confused. He's usually ON POINT with his style. And although he was severely undressed, part of me was like, who cares? It's Pharell, he's amazing and probably doesn't care what anyone thinks anyways, and why should he? But I knew, there must have been some thought behind it. And of course I did some research and found that there are some cultural references he's making by wearing this hat. I knew it! It's a Vivienne Westwood hat, he told the Hollywood Reporter, from around 1982. It's from when she was with Malcolm McLaren. It's also called a "Buffalo Hat" and was worn by McLaren in his video "Buffalo Girls". I think it's cool that he's letting some old music influence his current fashion choices. If you take a look on his instagram you can see he's been wearing hats like this for the last little while, so it's clear he's really getting into this fashion statement. I don't particularly understand the style, but it's still pretty badass that he's wearing whatever he wants, with good reason. Of course, the hat now has it's own twitter. LOL, welcome to 2014. 

That's my take on this year's Grammys outfits. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below :)

Twitter: @liveshiv
Instagram: liveshiv

No comments:

Post a Comment