Monday, April 21, 2014

Skincare | Garnier Products Review

Hey guys! A couple months ago I was fortunate enough to work a Garnier Skincare event for the launch of their new product, the Ultralift Transformer. It was a really cool PR event, and I’m really happy I got to be a part of it.



 It was a very informative and interactive event, and I was one of the models trying out the Ultralift Transformers for the media to see how it worked. When we left the event, Garnier was nice enough to give the models the gift bags that the attendees also received. Over the past four months I’ve been using the products so I can give you guys a proper review!

The products we received in the gift bag were as follows:
(1) 5 SEC BLUR PRIMER
(2) OIL CLEANSER
(3) SMOOTHING CREAM CLEANSER
(4) ULTRALIFT TRANSFORMER

And this is what it looked like:


 Before I even start, one thing I’ll say is that Garnier products do what they say they’re going to do! So here goes:


5 SEC BLUR PRIMER
I’ve never even used a primer before, so I didn’t really know what to expect. I’ve never really seen the need for one, but after using this one – I’m hooked. This primer seriously smoothens out your skin, “blurring” out imperfections and getting it ready for makeup application. At first I thought the formula was too thick, but then I realized I was just using too much. You literally only need a dime-sized amount (or less) for your entire face. It’s great.


OIL CLEANSER
This is another product that I thought in the beginning was just too thick for me. I really don’t like oily products on my face, but I’d never tried a hydrating oil cleanser before. What sold me on this product was its ability to remove makeup. I don’t even use makeup wipes anymore, because I use this cleanser in the shower and my face is completely clean. It does leave a bit of a residue, which is a little oily for me, but I follow up with the Smoothing Cream Cleanser and its all good.


SMOOTHING CREAM CLEANSER
To be honest, I probably wouldn’t use this product on it’s own, because I usually like a bit of an exfoliator in my cleansers. However, when it’s coupled up with the oil cleanser, its awesome because it removes all oily residue while also smoothing out your skin.



ULTRALIFT TRANSFORMER
At first I was quite confused with this product. At the event all I had to do was place it on my skin, and it was clear that it matched my skin colour and smoothened out the texture of my skin. However, I was confused as to whether this product was a treatment or an actual makeup product. It made my skin so soft and smooth that I now use it everyday in place of my BB cream or foundation. It’s nice to know that your skin is getting good coverage while also getting a treatment.



Those are my thoughts on these recent Garnier products! Have you tried any? Let me know what you think in the comments below :)

Twitter: @liveshiv
Instagram: liveshiv

No comments:

Post a Comment