Sunday, September 07, 2014

Favourite Iced Teas from David's Tea

Hey guys !

So all summer, every time I went into David's Tea I would try a new iced tea to find out which ones I like. There are still some teas I haven't tried but I thought I would share my two favourites with you so far :)


First of all, I know summer is over but let's be honest - you can drink iced teas all year round.

The first iced tea I tried that I really liked was Midsummer Night's Dream.
image from http://www.davidstea.com
What I liked about this tea was that it was nice and mild. This iced tea would be good for people who don't like theirs too strong (like Varsha). I haven't tried this tea hot, but when it is iced, it is very refreshing. This blend has apples, spearmint, orange oil, gooseberries, marigold blossoms, safflowers and rose petals in it. You can definitely taste the apple, orange and mint flavours. It is an herbal tea and is also caffeine free :)

The second tea I really enjoyed iced was Redberry Tonic
image from http://www.davidstea.com
This tea is stronger, not as mild as Midsummer Night's Dream. This is good if you like berries because it has a nice berry flavour. This blend includes hibiscus, rosehip, apple, lemongrass, sea buckthorn, and goji berries. This is great to drink during the day to keep you refreshed and energized. Redberry Tonic is also a caffeine free, herbal tea.

HOW TO MAKE ICED TEA:

For those of you who don't know how to make your own iced tea at home, here is a quick how to :)

Step 1: Steep your tea in hot water like normal. They recommend steeping it with double the suggested amount of tea. I personally prefer my iced tea that way, however you should play around with the measurements to see what suits you best.

Step 2: Fill 2/3 of your glass, travel mug, water bottle or whatever else you wanna use with ice. You can use less ice, but the more ice you use, the quicker it will get cold and the colder it will be.

Step 3: Pour the hot tea directly into the ice filled glass and enjoy !


Now that I have my leak-proof iced tea travel mugI will definitely be taking these iced teas with me to school :) Let me know what other teas you have tried that you like iced in the comments below !

Twitter: @s_maharajh
Instagrammaharajh_

No comments:

Post a Comment