Friday, October 03, 2014

Lush | Phoenix Rising

Hey guys !

So I went to Lush a while back and I finally had the time to try out the bath bomb I got :) I've wanted to try "Phoenix Rising" for the longest time now, so I'm glad I got it.



Initially, it was the colour that made me look at this one. A wonderful pink/purple with gold dusted on it. Then, you pick it up and realize it smells like cinnamon - lets be honest, who doesn't LOVE cinnamon ? 

So unfortunately for you, I apparently don't know how to use a camera and screwed up the video for this one. HOWEVER, I now know how to use timelapse on my phone so you need not be saddened. You can look forward to a super cool (hopefully) video for next time !

But I mean, we all know how to use a bath bomb right ? If not, check out this post on "Big Blue". It's not a video, but a picture is worth a thousand words - at least that's what I hear. Speaking of pictures, can we talk about how pretty the pink looked in my tub ? 


Review
I really loved the smell of this one. Who can resist apple and cinnamon ? Along with that, there's a little citrusy scent which is nice. There's also some shea and cocoa butter in it that had my legs feeling nice for a bit :) Overall, there's not really an effect on the body even though it has ingredients in it that are meant to soften and moisturize skin. My skin definitely felt better after Big Blue but I really just bought this one for the scent anyways. Baths are relaxing either way and this scent is wonderful and perfect for the fall ! As always, there's some residue on your skin. In regard to the tub, there's only one little piece of cinnamon that comes out of the bath bomb for you to pick up. This one does however leave a ring around your tub and some marks here and there that don't come off with a quick rinse. So a sponge is needed but it's not too hard to get rid of ! I'll definitely get this one again, but solely for its scent. 

Ingredients
The main ingredients are: 
Cocoa Butter - used for softening the skin
Bergamot Oil - has relaxing and refreshing properties
Cassia Oil/Cinnamon Leaf Oil - helps to fight feelings of depression, weakness and exhaustion Organic Jojoba Oil - used to moisturize and soften the skin
Shea Butter - used to moisturize and soften the skin

For a full list of ingredients check out Lush's "Phoenix Rising" on their site.


Their Halloween products are coming out and I'm so excited to try some ! Let us know if you try Phoenix Rising or if there are any others you like :) 

Twitter: @s_maharajh
Instagrammaharajh_

No comments:

Post a Comment